Who am I
Born in 1993 in Pretoria, South Africa. Moved to London, England at the age of 15 for two years, after which I moved to Stellenbosch, Cape Town and attended Paul Roos Gymnasium for my last two years of high school. Finished my bachelors degree in Mechatronic Engineering at the University of Stellenbosch in 2015. Currently busy with my Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering at the University of Stellenbosch on the topic of Accurate Localistaion of a Quadcopter for Antenna Array Characterisation for the Square Kilometer Array. I aspire to be a innovative Engineer in the field of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles .
I am an avid enthusiast of all things that fly. I’m a FPV Drone Racing enthusiast and intend on competing at a world class level. I would also like to get my para-gliding license. I also qualified as a solo rated powered glider pilot in the Vigilant glider at the age of 16. I fully intend on furthering my gliding career in the future.
- Bachelors in Mechatronic Engineering – Stellenbosch University
- Gimbal Control by Means of Google Glass (Undergrad Thesis Cum Laude) – here
- Heavy-Lift Quadcopter Build and Testing – here
- BottleBot – A Beer Bottle Mobilising Robotic Arm – here
- FPV Racing Quadcopter Builds – here